PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME FOR
INFANT AND EARLY YEARS EDUCATORS
About PDP for Infant and Early Years Educators
The PDP for Infant and Early Years Educators is a 3-year 180-hour structured professional development (PD) programme that prepares educarers to take on larger job roles by:
A strong partnership among operators, educarers and ECDA to support the professional development of the educarer is important for the success of PDP for Infant and Early Years Educators.
Choose from a variety of Professional Development activities and
complete them at your own comfortable pace and language
Take a step closer to attain one of the following
to work with children of wider age groups
Receive annual cash awards after completion
of programme and service milestones
- Singaporean or Permanent Resident EY1/EY2/L1 Educarer
- Preferably 3 years of trained teaching experience in the early childhood sector
- Currently employed in a pre-school registered or licensed with ECDA
- Have met the competencies and skills of Infant/Toddler Educarer or Beginning Educarer as described in the Skills Framework for Early Childhood (SFw EC)
Overview of Programme Structure
What will I learn at the Compulsory Module?
This is a 2-full day course. At the course, you will:
- Observe, understand and document the development, interests, needs and abilities of children from birth to 36 months.
- Be equipped with skills to adapt and monitor the effectiveness of the intentional experiences to cater to the specific needs of the individual children.
- Effectively plan for purposeful experiences to support children’s physical, cognitive, social and emotional development.
- Effectively collaborate with parents to support the young child’s development and learning.
What is the Communities of Practice (CoP) about?
At CoP sessions, you meet up with other Educarers from other centres to share experiences and knowledge and learn from each other. You can also discuss issues you face at work, explore solutions and help one another other refine ideas. You can even join your peers based on a language you are more comfortable with.
What is the Showcase of Learning about?
At the Showcase of Learning, you present what you have learnt and the good practices that you have uncovered to other educarers and EC educators. It is also a chance to hear what others have learnt.
Examples of how to complete PDP for Infant and Early Years Educators
One of the features of PDP for Infant and Early Years Educators is that it is flexible. The examples below show how you can complete the programme milestones over the 3 years.
PDP for Infant and Early Years Educators participants are nominated by their operators/supervisors online via ONE@ECDA. All operators/supervisors interested in nominating their educarers for PDP(E) may download and reference the following guide in doing so
Please note that for organisations with HQ structure, HQ will have to review all nominations submitted by their centres.
Nominations for PDP for Infant and Early Years Educators has ended. Look out for the next PDP Nominations in 2023!
For enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
PDP for Infant and Early Years Educators in the Spotlight
News articles on PDP
However, if you complete the ACEY top-up modules, you will receive a statement of attainment (SOA), and be certified to teach children aged 2 months to 3 years old.
If you complete the pre-requisite modules for ACEY, ACECCE, you will attain a statement of attainment (SOA), and be exempted from the module when you subsequently enrol in the full qualification.