- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident at the point of application.
- Be an ECDA-certified L2 educator who meets the relevant skills and competencies required for at least a Senior Infant Educator, Senior Early Years Educator or Senior Preschool Educator2,
as per the Occupational Title reflected in ONE@ECDA, and currently employed in the early childhood sector3.
- Have an impressive academic record, which includes a good Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in ECCE, and have met NIE’s admission requirements for the programme.
- Have demonstrated strong leadership potential, been proactive in pursuing professional development and be strongly recommended by the nominating centre.
- Not concurrently serving bond and/or holding any other scholarship, bursary or other forms of funding.
- Not currently a Professional Development Programme (PDP) and/or Skills Future Study Award (SFSA) participant under ECDA.
- Must have applied to the programme before applying for the Scholarship.
- Must be accepted into the programme to be awarded the Scholarship.
- 100% of programme fees capped at the fees payable by a Singapore Citizen4.
- $2,000 one-off Learning Resource Allowance.
- Up to $4,400 Centre Subsidy, which includes a minimum number of paid study leave.
- $2,000 Study Bonus (to be given upon successful completion of the programme).
- Additional professional development and networking opportunities provided by ECDA.
|Terms and Conditions |
- To be employed in the nominating centre throughout the programme.
- To maintain high professional standards throughout the Scholarship programme and be committed to partner the nominating centre and ECDA to chart your professional growth and contribution to the organization and early
- To successfully complete the programme within 3 years and graduate from the programme according to the programme provider’s requirements.
|Bond Period |
- 2 years in the early childhood sector, upon successful completion of the programme.