Roles and Responsibilities
ECDA Fellows will take on sector-level roles primarily in three (3) key areas:
e.g. Leading/facilitating master classes/workshops at the sector level, developing resources, mentoring/coaching leaders and senior educators from other centres;
e.g. Guiding centres in the design, implementation and review of centres’ curricula or teaching and learning approaches; and
e.g. Partnering ECDA in spear-heading improvements for the sector
Appointment Terms, Service Recognition and Professional Development
- A 3-year term (subject to confirmation upon 1st year of service).
- An average of 100 hours of service per year over 3 years.
- Annual Service Recognition Allowance (SRA) of $9,000 upon satisfactory fulfilment of responsibilities, including the completion of stipulated hours of service.
- Annual Admin Fund of $300 to cover transport and other costs for ECDA Fellows’ projects.
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. milestone leadership development course, overseas study trip, professional development grant, etc.).
To be eligible, an applicant should:
- Meet the relevant skills and competencies in the Skills Framework for Early Childhood required for:
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Track: Senior Centre Leader or Curriculum / Pedagogy Specialist
- Learning Support (LS) Track: Cluster Manager / Senior Lead Learning Support Educator
- Early Intervention (EI) Track: Director / Senior Lead Early Intervention Educator
1 Applicable to applicants from EI/LS tracks
Applications for the 4th batch of ECDA Fellows will open from 10 Jul – 22 Sep 2023.
For enquiries, please email us ECDA_PP@ecda.gov.sg.
How To Apply
1. All interested applicants are to download and complete the following Appendices:
Note: For Appendix B1, B2 or B3, applicants only need to submit the Appendix relevant to their track.
2. After completing the Appendices, proceed to submit the online application form at go.gov.sg/ecdafellowsrecruitment2023 with the required documents stated in the form. Please note that you will be required to log in to access the online application form using your SingPass.
Note: If you do not have a Singpass account, you would need to register for an account. For more information on how to register for a Singpass account, please refer to Singpass website here.
3. All interested applicants are also required to read Annex A on the duties and obligations required by the programme.
All complete applications submitted will be assessed and reviewed through a rigorous selection process by ECDA. The selection process may include one or more interviews with an evaluation panel, and on-site observations. ECDA’s decision on the acceptance/rejection of application is final and further appeals will not be entertained.
Application and Selection
ECDA will not assess any applications that are received after the closing date. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to prepare and submit the necessary documents to ECDA, ahead of the closing date.
ECDA will assess your application and contact you in Oct/Nov 2023 if you are shortlisted for the interview session that will take place in Jan 2024.
The interview session will take about 45 to 60 minutes. You are required to do a 20-min presentation in the following areas, followed by a Q&A session with the interview panel:
- Professional portfolio based on skills and competencies as specified in the Skills Framework for Early Childhood
- Teaching and Leadership Philosophy
You will be asked to email the finalised presentation slides in MS PowerPoint format to ECDA_PP@ecda.gov.sg in mid-Dec 2023.
If you are currently a Social Service Fellow, you will not be eligible to apply to be an ECDA Fellow and vice versa.
Appointment and Responsibilities
The ECDA Fellow shall commit an average 100 hours of service per year to the programme during his/her period of appointment, serving in sector-level roles and carrying out sector-level responsibilities as approved by ECDA.
The sector-level roles and responsibilities would be in 3 key areas:
- Professional Development e.g. Leading/facilitating master classes/workshops at the sector level, developing resources, mentoring/coaching leaders and senior educators from other centres;
- Curriculum Leadership e.g. Guiding centres in the design, implementation and review of centres’ curricula or teaching and learning approaches;
- Sector Partnerships e.g. Partnering ECDA in spear-heading improvements for the sector.