ECDA ANCHOR OPERATOR SCHEME (AOP)
The Anchor Operator (AOP) scheme provides funding support to selected preschool operators to increase access to good quality and affordable early childhood care and education, especially for children from lower income or disadvantaged backgrounds. The scheme started in 2009 and was further enhanced in 2014. Operators will receive funding to:
- Keep to a monthly fee cap of $720, $1,275 and $160 (excluding GST) for full-day child care, full-day infant care and kindergarten respectively, and ensure any fee increases are kept affordablefor parents.
- Invest in improving quality of early childhood care and education.
- Support continuing professional development and career progression opportunities for EC professionals.
For further enquiries, please contact email@example.com or call our hotline at 67359213.
How Will You Benefit From The AOP Scheme?
List Of Anchor Operators
|Name of AOP||Led by|
|PCF SPARKLETOTS PRESCHOOL||PAP COMMUNITY FOUNDATION|
|MY FIRST SKOOL||NTUC FIRST CAMPUS|
|MY WORLD PRESCHOOL||METROPOLITAN YMCA|
|SKOOL4KIDZ||KINDERLAND EDUCARE SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED|
|E-BRIDGE PRE-SCHOOL||ETONHOUSE INTERNATIONAL|
Selection of AOPs and Future Plans
In 2014, the five AOPs were selected based on their track record and proposals, which were evaluated ona range of criteria, including:
- financial stability,
- governance processes,
- programme quality and affordability, and
- the ability to increase capacity.
The selected AOPs have demonstrated commitment and ability to meet the demand for early childhood services, offer good quality and affordable programmes, expand outreach to low income families, and provide sector leadership in manpower development. These
existing AOPs will remain under the scheme to continue driving enhancements to the accessibility, affordability and quality of preschool services.
In 2018, we extended the AOP scheme with existing AOPs, which were selected to be AOPs in 2014 during the last enhancement to the scheme. In 2018, this appointment came to an end. With the extension of the AOP scheme, AOPs will receive funding support from Year 2018 – 2022.