Development Support-Plus (DS-Plus)
Development Support-Plus (DS-Plus) supports children who require low levels of Early Intervention (EI) support.
DS-Plus aims to provide early intervention to the child in the preschool setting. This includes children who have been assessed to have made sufficient progress during the Early Intervention Programme for Infant and Children (EIPIC).
EI professionals and Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) work alongside Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) in the preschool that the child is attending. These professionals will work closely to:
- design appropriate Individualised Educational Plan (IEP) goals;
- deliver the intervention;
- provide in-class support to child; and
- provide support for caregivers.
There is no need to apply for DS-Plus. Eligible children will be referred to the programme, either by assessment by a paediatrician and/or an EI professional, where needed.
DS-Plus programme is for children who are:
- From four to six years old;
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents;
- Assessed by a paediatrician to be at risk of a developmental, intellectual, sensory or physical disability, or a combination of disabilities;
- Currently enrolled in a preschool; and
- Not concurrently enrolled in other MSF-funded EI programmes (i.e. DS-LS programme).
Out-of-Pocket Fees range from $2 to $290, depending on monthly household per capita income.*
*For more detailed information on your eligibility for subsidies, please consult your child's EI Centre.
Please find more information on the DS-Plus programme on SG Enable’s Enabling Guide.