Beanstalk Issue 6 (Jan - Mar 2015)
In this issue of Beanstalk, we explore the benefits of play for young children and provide more tips on how parents and educators can support their child's learning and development through play. Read about the Early Childhood (EC) sector's accomplishments in 2014 and upcoming plans for 2015! Learn more about the new ECDA ITE Training Award and Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Leadership (ADECL), SPARK re-certification and the green sanctuary for children's learning - Jacob Ballas Children's Garden!
- COVER STORY - The Seriousness of Play, Putting the Joy of Play into Learning
- EC LANDSCAPE - Taking Stock & Looking Forward, Young & Charitable
- IN THE NEWS - Educating the Educators
- MY TEACHER, MY SCHOOL - Ready for Reading
- GIVING KUDOS - Even More Sparkle
- INNOVATION & RESEARCH - Little Olympians Lead the Way
- THRIVE - A World of Play, Playing to Learn - Learning to Play, Eat a 'Happy Cow'!, Get Crafty
- ASK THE EXPERTS - Q&A
- LIFESTYLE - Game for This?
- FUN TIMES - Let's Play Outside!
Please click on the image below for the full PDF.
You may also like
From Cabin to Classroom: Journey of an Outstanding Early Childhood Educator
The PDP modules allowed me to get creative with lesson ideas and keep up with the ever-changing Early Childhood sector.
Ms Farhana Binte Mohamed Hassan
Early Years Educator - PCF Sparkletots @ Pioneer Block 987D (CC)
An Unwavering Passion
You need to have a passion for children, and I don’t mean just teaching them, but caring for them as well
Mrs Elsie Yee
Principal - Faith Kindergarten
Bonding with Kids and their Parents
The main thing as an early childhood teacher is to know your children
Ms Bethanie Wong
Preschool Teacher - Orion Preschool