Beanstalk Issue 11 (Apr - Jun 2016)
In this issue of Beanstalk, we hear from Early Childhood educators, parents and even a grandparent about raising virtuous children and why the early years are a critical period for shaping character and values.
Curious about how ECDA safeguards the quality of early childhood care and education in Singapore? Hear from a Licensing Officer as she shares about ECDA's licensing requirements for child care centres!
- COVER STORY - Sowing the Seeds of Character
- IN THE NEWS - Support for Future Leaders, ECDA Fellows Walk the Talk
- EC LANDSCAPE - Back to the Future
- MY TEACHER, MY SCHOOL - Valuing Children's Voice, Caring is Her Passion
- GIVING KUDOS - Going by the Book
- INNOVATION & RESEARCH - Less is More, It's All About Intent
- ASK THE EXPERTS - Q&A
- THRIVE - Getting an Expert Opinion, Acts of Kindness, Labour of Love, To Dad with Love
- LIFESTYLE - Tipped for Success
- MAILBAG - We've Got Mail
- FUN TIMES - Clean Up the Park
- EDITOR'S NOTE - Placing Character at the Heart of the Early Years
Please click on the image below for the full PDF.
You may also like
From Cabin to Classroom: Journey of an Outstanding Early Childhood Educator
The PDP modules allowed me to get creative with lesson ideas and keep up with the ever-changing Early Childhood sector.
Ms Farhana Binte Mohamed Hassan
Early Years Educator - PCF Sparkletots @ Pioneer Block 987D (CC)
An Unwavering Passion
You need to have a passion for children, and I don’t mean just teaching them, but caring for them as well
Mrs Elsie Yee
Principal - Faith Kindergarten
Bonding with Kids and their Parents
The main thing as an early childhood teacher is to know your children
Ms Bethanie Wong
Preschool Teacher - Orion Preschool