As from 2016, the validity period for SPARK certification is extended to six years. In the third or fourth year of the SPARK certification, Developmental Visits will be conducted as mid-term checks for SPARK-certified centres. Most SPARK-certified centres will undergo Developmental Visits with some centres randomly selected for Full Assessment.
- To ensure centres sustain their improvement efforts and maintain SPARK certification standards over the 6-year validity period
- To monitor, guide and support centres in their quality improvement journey
- Centre's teaching and learning practices
- Improvements made over the past 3 years
- Half a day visit
- Tour of the Centre, lesson observation, and discussion with Centre Leader and staff to provide guidance for centre quality improvement
- Briefings will be conducted for Centres due for mid-term checks in the subsequent years.
- You may download the slides on developmental visit from the Resource Toolkit in the SPARK portal at www,ecda.gov.sg/SPARK. Log-in is required.