Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Children (EIPIC)
The EIPIC programmes support children who require medium to high levels of EI support, and aims to increase the developmental growth potential of the child, minimise the development of secondary disabilities, and maximise integration in mainstream settings. This is to be achieved through evidence-based, timely, right-sized, right-sited intervention and support services for the child and the family.
EI professionals, allied health professionals (AHPs) work closely together to design appropriate Individualised Educational Plan (IEP) goals, deliver the intervention and provide caregiver support for support at home.
The EIPIC programmes focus on supporting the child to develop the following skills:
1. Have positive social-emotional relationships
2. Acquire and use knowledge
3. Have appropriate behaviour to meet needs.
The development of the above skills are embedded within daily routine activities conducted in various natural settings like home, preschool, EI centre and community.
EI centre-based programmes (EIPIC@Centre and EIPIC Under-2s) are for children who are:
- From birth to six years old;
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents;
- Assessed by a paediatrician to be at risk of a developmental, intellectual, sensory or physical disability, or a combination of disabilities; and
- Not concurrently enrolled in any other MSF-funded EI programmes (i.e. DS-LS programme).
Out-of-Pocket Fees range from $5 to $430, depending on monthly household per capita income.*
*For more detailed information on fees, please consult your child's EI Centre.
Please find more information on the EIPIC Under 2s and EIPIC@Centre Programmes on SG Enable (SGE).
Information updated as at March 2021