ECC 2021: Embracing Diversity: Every Child Shines, Growing Stronger Together Every child is unique!
While there are similarities amongst children, they are also quite different from each other. Children in our preschools come from diverse backgrounds – be it ethnicity, cultural, socio-economic status, or even variations in their developmental needs and learning styles. As early childhood educators, we play a significant role in promoting inclusiveness as we work with the kaleidoscope of differences in our classrooms, to support our children’s social-emotional, language and cognitive development. Come be a part of our annual professional conference where you’ll: • Learn more about the importance and benefits of embracing diversity in our preschool classrooms;
• Glean new insights and pick up teaching and learning strategies on how to create safe environments and experiences so that every child thrives and maximises his or her own potential; and • Find out how to foster significant collaborations with parents, social service agencies and early intervention partners to support children’s learning and development. Join us in creating a preschool culture that embraces, appreciates, and respects diversity!Save the Dates: • ‘LIVE’ Virtual Workshops 14 and 15 October 2021 (Thursday and Friday) • Digital Conference 16 October 2021 (Saturday), 10am • Virtual Exhibition 16 October 2021 to 16 November 2021Event Highlights: • Over 30 interactive ‘LIVE’ virtual workshops
• 2 inspiring keynote presentations by local experts • ‘LIVE’ Q&A session with the keynote speakers and ECDA Fellow
• Virtual exhibition featuring booths by ECDA’s community partners
Register here via CMS: • For the “LIVE” virtual workshops and digital conference
• To receive exclusive ECC2021 merchandise
• Claim CPD hoursECC 2021 Programme:
Guest Speakers:Dr Sirene Lim Associate Professor, Vice Dean and Head, Early Childhood Education with Minor Programme S R Nathan School of Human Development, Singapore University of Social Sciences Dr Sirene Lim is an Associate Professor at the Singapore University of Social Sciences and currently the Vice Dean of the S R Nathan School of Human Development. Her research interests include early years integrated curriculum, early education policy and pedagogy, play and sociology of childhood, as well as teacher learning and leadership.
Topic: Reaching Every Child: Responsive Preschool Practices Dr Sirene Lim will explain the educators’ role in embracing diversity in the classroom for children’s learning and development, as well as strategies for educators to foster inclusion in a classroom with children of diverse abilities, interests and backgrounds.Dr Chong Shang Chee MBBS (S’pore), MMed (Paeds) (S’pore), MRCPCH (Paeds) (UK), FAMS (Paeds) (S’pore) Head & Senior Consultant, Child Development Unit Khoo Teck Puat – National University Children’s Medical Institute National University Hospital Assistant Professor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine National University of Singapore Dr Chong Shang Chee is Head and Senior Consultant at the Child Development Unit (CDU), NUH and an Assistant Professor at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Dr Chong has been a paediatrician for 21 years. She is also active in advocacy and policy work especially in the area of children with special needs.Topic: Partnership with Parents and Professionals – A Paediatrician’s Perspective Dr Chong Shang Chee will provide a paediatrician’s perspective on the importance and strategies in building strong partnerships with parents, and community partners to support children with diverse needs.
For EnquiriesPlease contact
ECC_ENQUIRIES@ECDA.GOV.SG or call ECDA Hotline at 6735 9213.
[Important] Terms & Conditions To receive the exclusive ECC2021 merchandise and CPD hours, all participants must register via ECDA’s CMS system between 15 September 2021 and 2 October 2021, 23:59.